Monday - Friday
8:20am - 4:20pm
Library Basic Training
- Books are checked out for 2 weeks and can be renewed.
- You may have up to 3 books checkout at once.
- IF YOU HAVE ANY OVERDUE ITEMS you will not be able to check out any items until the overdue item/s is turned in.
- To turn in books- remove the date due sticker and place them in the book return slot under the sign in computer.
- Books checked out for school projects still need to be renewed or will be considered late.
- If you damage a book, please bring it to the library and show me. We will discuss whether or not I can fix it and what your options are. Please do no make me hunt you down, because I will!
- Reference books can be checked out with permission from the librarians.
- We can get you books from other campuses through our ILL program. Simply come up to the circulation desk and give us the title of the book you would like.
- Playaways are audio books that come with their own mp3 player. They are located next to the new arrival section at the front of the library. Bring the box up to the circulation desk and we will insert the mp3 player. They are expensive ($50-$85). If you lose or damage one, you will be responsible for the replacement cost. You can only check out 1 at a time.
Set for thirty minutes.
Library Scavenger Hunt
Library Scavenger Hunt
This scavenger hunt is meant as a basic introduction to the library services--both on-line and off--you will be using over the next three years. Remember the goal is for you to become familiar with your library resources. Answer the questions on a piece of paper and remember to put your heading at the top. Good Luck!
Record your answers on a separate piece of paper. You do not have to work on the questions in order.
Please remember to work quietly and efficiently!
Around the library:
1. Where is the printer in the library?
2. What must you always have to get into the library and what is the first thing you do when you enter the library?
3. List the titles of three magazines you didn't know the library had.
4. Browse through the fiction section and find the books in your favorite genre sections written by authors who share your last initial. List the fiction genre and one title from that section.
5. When can you NOT check out a book?
6. How do you get a lunch pass?
7. How many books can you have checked out at one time?
You will need a computer to locate and answer the following:
8. Pick a fiction genre that you like: Sports, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Historical Fiction, War, Humor, Horror, Classics, Mystery, Adventure, Romance, Realistic or Graphic Novels. Now type that genre into the library catalog and list the first FICTION call number that appears. Make sure it is a fiction book!
9. Using the Destiny Card Catalog, first watch the video tutorial. Then find a book on any of the following topics and list its title and call number. Can you tell if it’s available?
• Basketball- Available?
• rap music- Available?
• Mythology- Available?
10. Where do you find the library's databases?